Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Masquerading

Well, I was lazy today and didn't work out, and then I hurt my back again while out running errands. :-(  I've got a trainer date early in the a.m., so hopefully I'll be able to ride...  We shall see.

Eating primally is still going well, although I had a realization today: the best dishes are the new things I'm trying, not the recipes that masquerade as foods I used to enjoy.  The stuffed cabbage with turnips instead of rice just wasn't the same, though the fried cauliflower "rice" was a decent substitution.  Still, the halibut with butter sauce was just amazing, and I'm excited to try lamb meatballs and a chicken with artichoke hearts dish later this week.

Other new things I've tried since going primal include using a food processor and a mandoline.  Loving both!  Sure, they take a little time to clean, but they save much more in chopping time!

No comments:

Post a Comment