Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lazy Busy Week

Well, after a pretty good week last week, I was excited to keep up the momentum.  However...  I let Christmas tasks consume me, and even on days when I had good intentions, I didn't make working out a priority, and, as a result, I often ran out of time or energy before I could get there.

Finally, on Friday, I made it to the gym for the 9:30 a.m. spinning class, then lifted upper body afterward.  I was NOT looking forward to a late work shift at the end of a long week, but I was determined to make good use of my morning off.  Felt good!

On Saturday, I slept in.  Till like 10:30.  Yeah, that's right, I slept almost ten-and-a-half hours Friday night.  And let me tell you: THAT felt good, too!  Then I made yummy pumpkin spice pancakes.  Mmm...  In the afternoon, I also made it back to the gym to lift lower body and swim, but everything was happening a lot later than I'd planned/hoped.  Which pushed other tasks off till today.  Which didn't all happen.  But at least I got two good workouts in; better than nothing.  And after a three-hour nap today, I'm feeling pretty rested.  Gotta be in bed in ten minutes so I can get six hours of sleep and still be able to get up for the EARLY spin class tomorrow.  I really need to get my workouts done in the mornings this week so that I can stay late and get a little overtime.

Anyway, when I swam yesterday, I only did a mile; I didn't want to push myself TOO hard my first time back in the water in a month.  Here's what I did:

Warm-up
4 x 200  Swim/pull/kick/drill x 200

Main set
1 x 200  Free - pace
2 x 100  Free - pace
4 x 50    Free - pace

Cool-down
1 x 200  Easy

Big plans for the coming week - spinning three times, lifting three times, running once or twice, swimming once or twice.  Let's see how much of that I can actually make happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment