Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 2 - Woo-hoo!

After waking up so early yesterday, getting an hour-and-a-half of cardio in, and then working for 11 hours, I was, understandably, exhausted.  So I did a little work in the kitchen, but then went to bed before 9:00.  I read till 9:30, but that was it.  After all, I had to get up early again this morning!

Got up at 5:00 a.m. again, and made it to the gym a little after 6:00.  I lifted upper body first, then ran on the treadmill.  I did a 3/1 run/walk at 5.6/3.6 mph pace, 3.28 miles in 40 minutes (with a cool-down).  Felt as good as running ever does!  Mostly, though, I was just proud of myself for actually going, even when Derek decided to stay in bed (which he probably needed, but still).

Unfortunately, BOTH my feet hurt now.  I'm sure sitting at my desk for another 11 hours today didn't help, but seriously.  I'm sick of this plantar fasciitis already!  I know I realized before that treadmill running hurt a lot more than running outside, so I'll give it one more go on Saturday.  But if it still hurts like this after running outside, I think I'm going to have to quit running till I lose some weight.  I'll just focus on cycling and swimming and strength training, and of course eating right.  (Which has also been going well so far this week, by the way.)  Will keep you posted!

Relaxing now with a cheesy Lifetime Movie Network Christmas movie, but then to bed for another early wake-up call!  Spinning again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn,
    Pleased to link in as your first follower...
    Look forward to following your future posts.

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete