Saturday, December 3, 2011

Unheard Of!

Today, I wanted to lift lower body and swim while I was out running errands.  But when I looked at the weather forecast for tomorrow, I saw that it will probably be raining all day, so I decided to run today instead and try to swim tomorrow.

I was thinking I'd do two laps today, but very soon after I left the house I realized that I'd forgotten my water.  So, I thought, maybe just one lap again.  I did a 2-and-1 run/walk instead of the 3-and-1 I'd done on Wednesday (since I'd been planning on going twice as far), and it felt great.  The weather was perfect, a little chilly but bright, and I had my tunes to push me on.  When I finished the first lap, I didn't really feel like quitting, which is unheard of for me, so I thought maybe I'd do another partial lap to get 45 minutes of running in.  But then I thought, I could go out 3 intervals and turn around for 6 extra intervals, or I could just do the 10 it would take for a whole second lap.  So I just kept going!  And without water ever...  I know!

I was slower, but I just took my time and enjoyed it.  30:31ish for the first lap, a minute slower for the second.  But it felt great!

Now, however, after running a bunch of errands after the run, both my feet are in a bit of pain and I'm kinda stiff and sore all over.  I'm really hoping I feel better in the morning, and I'm REALLY hoping that this plantar fasciitis crap quits once I start losing some weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment