Sunday, November 6, 2011

Feeling Surprisingly Good!

I didn't sleep great, up every hour to pee and drink more water.  But I felt pretty good this morning!  I was surprised (and thrilled) to find that after sleeping with my funny sock thing on last night, my foot didn't hurt any worse today than if I'd just run a couple miles yesterday.  Woo-hoo!  I have some chaffing from the wetsuit and some pretty painful saddle sores, but most of me escaped unscathed.  My body is tired, but I can walk, and I actually feel pretty good!  I'm more stiff than anything, so I'm trying to keep moving.  I should be back to normal in no time! :-)

First on the agenda today was IHOP.  Which actually turned into Bob Evans.  Regardless, YUMMY.  I was so hungry!  And it was cool to see so many Ironmen at the restaurant.  No wonder the wait was so long!

Next up on the agenda: tattoo!  Megan met us at the shop at noon, and we were out of there by one.  The actual tattooing part only took 15 or 20 minutes.  It didn't hurt too bad at first but got a little worse as she made her way back onto my achilles.  Still, not too bad.



And it looks pretty cool!


Not EXACTLY as I'd designed it, so I might want to have it touched up once it heals, but we'll see.  It still looks pretty awesome!!!

After that, we swung by the Ironman store to check out the finishers' gear.  I'd seen a bunch of people walking around with a certain jacket, and I thought I just might have to get one.  They were sold out of that jacket (pretty popular, I guess!), but they were taking orders.  But I got lucky: since it was almost closing time, they said I could just have the sample jacket in my size rather than having to order one and pay an additional $15 for shipping.  Sweet!

Back to the condo for a nap, then out for the most delicious pasta dinner at Sweet Basil's.  Seriously!  Why couldn't we have discovered this place days ago?!?

Well, better get to bed soon, 'cause we're supposed to leave first thing in the morning.  It's going to be a long couple of days home to Cincinnati!

No comments:

Post a Comment