Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Seriously?!?

I struggled though my last day of work before the race today, then packed up my stuff for the gym.  I was planning on taking a spinning class, then getting an hour-long swim in.  But...  When I went to start the car, nothing happened!  Seriously?!?  I cried a little as I headed inside to call AAA, but I pulled myself together.  I should, after all, wait until I receive a diagnosis before I start to grieve, I thought.

When the AAA guy got here, he first checked my battery, but that was fine, he said.  Then he tried to start it, and he didn't sound too optimistic when he heard it.  But he tried again, really pumping the gas pedal, and eventually he got it going.  He turned it off and back on a few times, and it started without any trouble, so he guessed that maybe the fuel line had been clogged and that he somehow fixed it with the gas pedal thing he did.  Still, he said he wouldn't recommend risking it by trying to drive it through five states tomorrow.  In an ideal world, yes.  But my bike and all our stuff won't fit in Derek's car, and I really don't want to spend another couple hundred dollars for a rental minivan or SUV.  When I took it out tonight for some errands, I still had no problems with it, so I think we'll take a chance on it.  And maybe when we get there (assuming that we get there), we'll have the Hyundai dealer in Panama City take a look at it.

So, yeah.  That was my night.  I missed my last Cincinnati workouts, but I guess it couldn't be helped.  At least I got my errands run, and now I just need to pack and get to sleep.  Long day tomorrow, but I'll be so excited to finally get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment