Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Strength Training 101

Well, no surprise, but I didn't make it to the gym this morning.  I wasn't worried, though, since I had the evening to make up for it.  Unfortunately, it was raining when I was getting ready to head to Fleet Feet, so I bagged that plan.  I cleaned up around the house a little to get ready for the Christmas decorations, then went to the gym.  At some point, the rain had turned to snow, though, and everything was white when I stepped outside!  So pretty!

The gym was pretty empty and quiet, and it felt good to get back to lifting again.  I know it'll be good for me, I just need to stick with it!  I followed the Body for Life plan, starting with my upper body.  Then I did my abs, too, since I was still waiting for Derek to get to the gym.  I saw him come into the building just as I was finishing up, which was perfect, except that I didn't have any time in the pool alone before we started our "lesson."  But that's o.k.  Helping him was my priority tonight, and I still feel really good about the workout I did get.

No comments:

Post a Comment