Thursday, April 21, 2011

Brick-ish

So, today I wanted to try out the next route I'm planning to lead for the Cycle Club at Lifetime Fitness.  I didn't get started till 2:15, and the 33-mile route took me 2 hours and 22 minutes, an average of only 14 mph!  It was a bit cold and windy, and the route was a lot hillier than I expected, but I'm still not sure why it took me quite that long...  Oh, well, it was still a good workout, and I was just glad to be out on the only sunny day in the foreseeable future.

I got home at about 5:30 after a quick stop at Kroger (and Taco Bell, if you must know), then needed to leave for Fleet Feet 30 minutes later.  I wasn't too worried about the run since we've started our taper and were only scheduled to run 4 miles tonight.  I love taper time!  My legs felt a little tired and heavy when we started out, but it wasn't too bad.  Mostly I just liked feeling like a triathlete again with my sort-of brick workout today.

One more swim and one more run till my rest day Easter Sunday...  All sorts of wonderful to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment