Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's Working!

I worked hard yesterday.  An hour-long spin class, an hour-long yoga class, an hour plus run, plus I worked for hours writing three articles for Yahoo Sports about running and cycling, which kept me up till past 1 a.m.  Needless to say, I was sleepy this morning.  So after I got Derek off to work, I went back to bed and didn't get up till 10:30 or so.  Nice!  Except that I was supposed to swim early and spend the rest of the day painting our office, the only room left and the only thing keeping me from packing up all the painting supplies and putting our dining room back in order.  But I digress...

Yeah, so I was tired and feeling lazy, plus my upper body and abs were (and still are) sore from my workout yesterday.  I watched T.V. and cuddled with the cat all afternoon, and really didn't feel like going to the gym at all.  But I already announced that I was swimming today, so I made myself go.  And I'm glad I did!  I wasn't feeling it at first, but I felt pretty good after my warm-up.  This was my workout:

Warm-up
1 x 3 x 400     Swim/kick/pull x 400
Main set
3 x 3 x 200     1st - Free pace
                      2nd - Kick w/fins
                      3rd - Free pace
Cool-down
1 x 1 x 200     Easy

Total: 3200 meters (approx. 2 miles) in 1 hour 14 minutes.  Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment