Saturday, September 3, 2011

Adventure!

So, I was REALLY looking forward to camping with the Hubby this weekend at Mammoth Cave, KY.  And I was even planning to take my bike so I could get a long ride in.  I found a loop around the park that I could do twice, and I was actually looking forward to the little adventure.  But then... We decided not to go camping because it was supposed to be 100 DEGREES!  Trying to sleep outside in that, without A/C?  No, thank you!  So we figured we'd just go home to visit family instead.

Yesterday was crazy busy with work, packing, and driving to Akron, so I didn't get any workouts in.  And then we didn't get there till after midnight but still spent a little time visiting when we arrived, so we went to bed really late.  Needless to say, I didn't get up as early as I'd hoped.  But even though it was in the 90s, I still headed out for a long ride.  I had planned a 60-mile trip out and around the Portage Lakes, part of which was the bike course for the Portage Lakes Triathlon that happens every September.

It was hot.  And hilly.  And I was really glad I didn't agree to do that tri with a couple of friends like we had talked about.  I was so tired...  And dehydrated.  I decided to skip the second loop of the tri course, and I had to stop at a gas station for more water, but I made it home o.k.  I only ended up with 47.5 miles, which took 3 hours, but it was still a pretty good effort considering the conditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment