Friday, September 23, 2011

A Walk in the Park

I wasn't feeling particularly motivated to work out today, but I did really want to try speed-walking to see how my foot would feel afterward.  So I dragged the Hubby out for a brisk stroll around the lake at Sharon Woods.

In theory, I thought it would be possible to walk about 4 mph, which would be a 15 min/mi pace.  So, I reasoned, we should definitely be able to do the 3.5 miles in 1 hour.  We started off a little slower but picked up our pace as we went along, and we finished in about 1:04 I believe.  Not too shabby!

I didn't feel like it was a great workout, but it served a purpose and was better than nothing.  (Mostly, I just enjoyed walking with my favorite teammate and coach. :-)  And I really don't WANT to just walk, for my race or in training.  Now, too, it seems like my plantar fasciitis IS aggravated with walking as well as running, though maybe not as much.  Eh - guess I'll just stick to the run/walking I've been doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment