Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Coach's Encouragement

I was glad to have a dental appointment scheduled this morning, because it forced me to get out early for my run.  Even though it was rainy...  Still better than 90-degree temperatures and scorching sun, though!  It was actually nice, if a little wet.  And I did the 2.6-mile loop around the lake at Sharon Woods in 29:15.  Not too bad for only my second run in a few weeks!  Though I am a little worried about the distances I have to cover in the next two months...

So, after my appointment, I ran some more errands and did some work around the house.  I kept putting off my swim (mostly because it was so cold and dreary out that I really didn't feel like hopping in a cold pool), and before I knew it, the Hubby was home.  I tried to convince him to go out to dinner with me, but he (a.k.a. Coach) insisted that I go swim since I am, after all, an Ironman-in-training.  Thanks, Coach... I guess. ;)  But it ended up being a really good swim.  I was supposed to do an hour-and-a-half, so I planned a 3800-meter (2.4-mile) workout.  Here's what I did:

Warm-up
1 x 1 x 400  Free - loosen
1 x 1 x 300  Choice - drill/swim x 25
1 x 1 x 200  Choice - swim/kick x 25
1 x 4 x 25    Sprints @ 0:45

Main set
3 x 1 x 200  Choice - full speed w/fins
3 x 1 x 200  Recovery w/above
1 x 10 x 50  Choice - work distance/stroke
4 x 1 x 25    Choice - sprint through turn
4 x 1 x 125  Recover w/above

Cool-down
1 x 1 x 300  Sighting drill
1 x 1 x 200  Easy

Afterward, I soaked in the hot tub for a few minutes before getting cleaned up, stopping by Kroger, and heading home.  It was after 10:00 by then, so we just went to bed after a quick bite to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment