Thursday, September 29, 2011

Finally!

Yay!  I finally had a plan and stuck to it today, and I got two workouts in for the first time in ages!

First of all, though, a report on my foot:  After I got home last night, my heel was killing me.  I actually started crying a little in the shower when I had to stand on my bad foot to shave the other leg.  This morning, it was still pretty bad.  If I owned a pair of crutches, I would have used them.  But as the day went on, it started feeling a bit better, though still not great.

Now that my Thursday evening ride is over, I was looking forward to taking a spin class instead, mostly because it's shorter and easier not to have to lug my bike around.  Plus, I really liked the Thursday teacher when I took his class before, and I was looking forward to talking triathlon with him again.  So I was bummed to see that a different teacher has replaced him.  And my bum was NOT liking the spin bike seats!  Made me so thankful to have found my ISM saddle. :-)  Actually, riding inside was pretty painful, and not just because of the saddle.  It's just so boring!  I'll have to get creative to get as many of my remaining training rides done outside as possible.  Made me wish I had a trainer I could use instead, too...  I couldn't really stand when instructed to do so because it hurt my foot, so instead I did some drills which I usually ignore when I ride outside.  I did single leg drills, 3 x 30 seconds each leg, then 3 x 45 seconds, then 3 x 60 seconds.

Anyway, after that, I headed down to the pool for two miles:

Warm-up
4 x 250  Swim/pull/kick/drill x 250

Main set
6 x 100  Free - Pull-B-3, 4, 5, 6 x 25
3 x 200  Kick - Choice, w/fins
6 x 100  Free - Pace

Cool-down
1 x 200  Free - Sighting drill
1 x 200  Easy

I don't think I'll get a workout in tomorrow since we're going to see that new Courageous movie with some friends from church, and I don't think I'll do anything on Saturday besides walk around the Renaissance Festival.  Well, maybe I'll ride my bike over to the park from the lodge to sign up for the race...  Getting excited for it again.  I was really looking forward to it till the pain from my run, but now that it's feeling better, so am I!  It will be chilly, though: low of 35 Saturday night, 39 by race start (water's supposed to be 68, though), 44 when I get (wet) on the bike, high in the upper 50s by the time I finish.  Yikes!  I'll have to figure out how to dress for this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment