Saturday, September 17, 2011

Super Fun Century!

So, I offered to lead this century ride for my gym's Cycle Club.  We did it last year, and it was a lot of fun, but I was mostly looking forward to recruiting some company for one of my long training rides. :-)  There were five of us from Lifetime, along with six other cyclists who heard about the ride from the Cincinnati Cycle Club ride line.


It was a fun group, and having so many people to interact with along the way really made the time pass quickly!  We rode up the bike trail from Loveland to Yellow Springs and back, for a total of 104 miles.  We averaged 15.7 mph, but the ride took a full eight hours with all the stops and our lunch break.  I felt so much better than I did after last year's century, though, including my seat.  So I'm super excited about my new bike and saddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment