Saturday, October 29, 2011

Chill

Well, today was the last Lifetime Cycle Club ride I had to lead this year.  It was pretty chilly when I woke up, and I was pretty sure no one would show up.  Still, I had to go, and I'm glad I had to, otherwise I might not have gotten out of my warm bed.  And believe it or not, a first-timer actually came to ride!  Which was awesome, because if I'd been alone, I probably would have just stayed on the trail, and I'm kinda tired of the trail.

So, yeah.  It was pretty cold, but I dressed really well (except that I forgot my ear warmer) and was actually comfortable.  And the bike with fancy race wheels rode like a dream, even though I was a bit worried about the rear tire...  (When I took off the valve cap to pump up the tire, part of the valve apparently got stuck in the cap and came off, too.  So that most of the air came out in a few seconds' time.  Fortunately, we were able to just screw it back in, but I was concerned that it would leak or something since I don't think that part was supposed to come off.  Still not sure if I'll replace the tube before the race or not...  Maybe I'll ask someone there if it's really a problem.)

Anyway!  We only rode 26 miles, but it was perfect.  And I had just enough time to run two miles, too, before I had to get home for an afternoon shift.  Felt strong, and my foot didn't even hurt afterward either!  One week from today...

No comments:

Post a Comment