Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Blaaaahhh

Well, I thought we might hike a bit up at Hocking Hills this weekend, but instead we enjoyed a wonderful weekend of doing NOTHING.  I don't do nothing nearly enough!

Monday was our actual anniversary, but I was still planning on running before we curled up on the floor with a fire.  Instead... I brought some of the bedroom furniture in from the garage and put together our new bed (with Hubby's help, of course).  Not exactly a romantic evening, and not very useful workout-wise, but you know me: once I get something in my head, I've just got to do it.

Last night, I was planning on taking a spin class and swimming.  But I woke up with a stuffy/runny nose and was sneezing all day, so I wasn't sure how much I should exert myself.  Toward the end of my shift, I also started working in the kitchen, so I just kept at that into the evening instead of hitting they gym.  I made three complete meals that we can eat all week, so I reasoned that it was a good use of my time since now I have no excuses NOT to get my workouts in the rest of the week!

Unfortunately, I still feel pretty stuffy/sniffly/sneezy today, and I think I really am getting sick. :-(  I was thinking I'd run and swim tonight, but I'm not sure that's such a good idea.  Plus, Hubby's class is canceled tonight, so I'm thinking I'll probably just lie around and read and go to bed early.  There's still so much more I wanted to do workout-wise before my Ironman, but I guess it's much better for me to get sick now than race week!  Still, super frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment