Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Double Dose

Yesterday, I was supposed to run after work.  But I agreed to work late, so that it was dark when I got off.  I was o.k. with that, planning to just go to the gym to swim instead.  But then I made plans to get the race wheels I'm borrowing for my race from my friend.  And after THAT, I was too tired for anything else.  So I came home and cooked a little and went to bed.

I vaguely remember deciding that I wouldn't work any overtime until after my race, but greed and guilt (greed for the extra money, guilt because when I don't stay late, no one on my team can stay late either) got the better of me, and I paid the price.  Why don't I ever learn?!?

Actually, I kind of learned.  I said I couldn't stay late tonight, and I went out for a run after work.  I was feeling pretty slow, and I only had time for one lap around the lake, but it's better than nothing!  I felt like calling it quits after that, but Coach (Hubby) told me I had to swim, too.  So, after a quick rest, I headed to the gym.

I felt pretty good in the pool, but more than anything, I felt like a triathlete again.  And THAT is a really good feeling!  Anyway, here's what I did:

Warm-up
4 x 200  Swim/pull/kick/drill x 200

Main set
1 x 400  Free - pace
1 x 300  Free - pace
2 x 200  Free - pace
2 x 100  Free - pace

Cool-down
1 x 200  Free - sighting drill
1 x 200  Easy

I kept miscalculating since I didn't plan my workout before I got there, so I thought I did more than the 2500 meters I actually swam, but that's still respectable: 50 laps in 60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment