Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lesson Learned

This morning, I got up super early to clean my bike (it was filthy!) and take it to my bike guy for a final tune-up before the race.  He was so great to meet me there at 7:30, long before the shop's supposed to open.  And we'll probably do the same thing on Friday when I go to pick it up.  Can't wait to try it out with the fancy wheels this Saturday at my last Lifetime Cycle Club ride!

Anyway, I said I couldn't work late again tonight so that I could get my workouts in.  And I actually got going pretty quickly since I had to get to the gym for a 6:00 spin class.  I love having the accountability of class to get me moving.  Still, having a trainer at home sure would be nice, too...  (We're looking for a used one - or two - but no luck just yet.)

Anyway, after the class, I got into my suit and went into the pool area.  Two lanes were occupied with the kids' swim team practice, and there were already two people in each of the other lanes.  I asked the lifeguard about the time of things, because I could have sworn that swim team used to be from six to seven, followed by the masters' swim class/practice.  But today, they were BOTH going on at the same time, hence the full pool.  But at least by asking I learned that none of them were going to be leaving in until the top of the hour, and I wasn't about to wait 45 minutes for a lane.  Yep, VERY frustrating, but now I've learned my lesson: don't try to swim on Wednesday nights!

So I just got showered up, then decided to hit Dick's to look for some last-minute run gear for the race.  I tried on tons of shirts and finally found the perfect tee.   (Bought two!)  And a jacket for if it gets cool when the sun sets.  Although...  If I put the jacket in my special needs bag, I'm going to have to get it even if I don't want to wear it, because otherwise I might not see it again.  And that's not an option since it was a $65 jacket.  So, yeah.  Still have to figure all my gear out, but I'm getting closer to having everything I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment