Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Quick Ride

I don't know why it took me so long to get going today, but I didn't head out for my ride until well after noon.  So even though I had wanted to swim after my ride too (since I didn't do it yesterday), I didn't have enough time before my Yahoo Sports online meeting thing at 4:00.  In fact, I got back from my 28-mile, hour-and-40-minute bike ride JUST in time for the meeting.  And I had intended to go to the gym afterward to swim, but, well, yeah.  That didn't happen.  Still, it was a good ride.

I also noticed something interesting today: my foot seems to hurt a lot more immediately after, as well as the next day(s), when I run on the treadmill vs. running outside.  I guess I must be doing something differently, though I can't imagine what.  At any rate, I'm glad I realized this now so I can make sure to do the rest of my run training outside!

I also got some new running shoes today, and I'm excited to try them out tomorrow.  I'll be trying the new Brooks Pure Cadence.  They are a lot lighter and have less cushioning and everything, so they're supposed to allow you to run more naturally, especially for mid- or fore-foot strikers.  They felt great when I tried them out at Fleet Feet, so I'm hoping they work out when I really run in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment