Friday, October 7, 2011

Looooong...

So, I was supposed to do a long (5.5-hour) ride today.  I really didn't feel like it since I was enjoying my book and just wanted to stay home and read.  But Coach (aka Hubby) told me I really needed to do it, and I knew he was right.

When I finally headed out, it was already after noon, though, so I thought I might just do 4 hours or so.  I started up the trail, and I just felt tired and slow.  But I pushed on.  I kept trying to figure out how far I should ride before turning around, and Corwin seemed like as good a place as any.  But when I got there, I hadn't even been riding 2 hours or 30 miles (which would make 4 hours or 60 miles round-trip), so I kept going.

I ended up riding all the way to Xenia, 42 miles, and I was pooped.  But I still had to turn around and ride back!  Not sure why my body was so reluctant to move, or why it took me 5.5 hours to ride 84 miles (an average of just over 15 mph - yikes!), but I AM glad I got the workout done.

No comments:

Post a Comment