Saturday, October 22, 2011

Overcoming Inertia

Well, the good news is, I started feeling better shortly after my last post!  My cold was very short-lived and never moved from my head to my chest or anywhere else.  So I got lucky!

Unfortunately...  My week was already shot.  I had been at rest for a full week, and I was definitely feeling the inertia.

I was supposed to do a long ride (4, 5, 6 hours) today, but that didn't happen.  So, I figured I could run instead, then just do my ride tomorrow after church.  The Hubs and I headed out this evening; he was going to walk while I ran around the lake.  But then we were talking, and I realized I'd forgotten my watch (a very important tool for a run/walker), so... yeah.  I just walked with him.  Still, it's something.  I just hope it's enough to get me back on track tomorrow and next week!

The truth is...  I'm just really feeling unprepared for this race.  I know I haven't done nearly as much as I should have over the last six months, but I also know that there's nothing I can do to fix that now.  It's too late.  So I'm feeling stuck, aimless, lost.  But I'm going to race.  And I'm going to finish.  And it probably won't be easy or fun, but it'll get done.  The next two weeks of training won't really help me be more prepared physically, but they can ready me mentally.  So that's what I need to focus on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment