Thursday, October 13, 2011

Upper Body Galore

This morning I worked in the kitchen a bit because I volunteered to make a meal for a friend from church who just had a baby.  I took that over there a little after noon, then went straight to the gym.  I was planning to swim, but I wanted to do something else first to warm me up so that the water would feel like a reward rather than a punishment.  The only class at that time was kickboxing, so I figured I'd give it a try.  It was a little boring, but served the purpose.

After the class, I headed down for my swim - FINALLY!  Took me long enough to finally make myself swim this week!  Here's what I did (a speed workout):

Warm-up
3 x 400  Swim/pull/kick x 400

Main set
2 x 200  Free - pace
4 x 100  EBEH x 25
2 x 200  Free - pace
8 x 50    Sprint through turn, easy back

Cool-down
1 x 200  Free - sighting drill
1 x 200  Easy

I felt really slow, especially for the first half, but then again, it has been awhile since I've swum!  Must... be... more... consistent!

And tonight I'm going to pick up some bedroom furniture I'm buying off Craigslist, so that'll be a little more upper body work, as if I haven't gotten enough already today. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment