Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fun Run!

And no, that's not an oxymoron!

So, I wanted some overtime tonight, but I needed to run.  If I worked late, I knew I wouldn't have any daylight left by the time I got off, and I didn't want to run alone.  So I compromised: I worked only one extra hour, so that I could make it to Fleet Feet in time for their Halloween Fun Run.  And it was!  Fun, that is.  I forgot how enjoyable it is to run with other people, and it was nice to catch up with a few friends I've trained with in the past.  We went about 4.75 miles at an average 12:09 min/mi pace.  It was a little chilly out, but I loved it.  And I got to wear the new stuff I bought last night!  And I noted, too, that if it's supposed to get below 50 degrees by the time I finish the IM, I'll want a light jacket or long sleeves.  Good to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment