Friday, August 5, 2011

As Close As I Could Count!

Well, I skipped the strength session this morning.  I was still tired, and I figured the extra hour of sleep would serve me better if I really wanted to get my evening swim and tomorrow's long run in.  And even though I was still tired at the end of my day o' meetings, I did make it to the gym for my swim.  And since I had plenty of time there, I decided to swim a little more than my usual two miles.  To get a feel for what my half IM 1.2-mile swim next weekend will feel like, as well as the full IM swim in November, I hopped in, swam 42 laps (1.2 miles in a 25-yard pool), took a quick rest/water break, then did another 1.2 miles.  I'm not sure if I've ever swum more than two miles at once, and it actually only took five minutes longer than my usual two miles in 1:15!  (Well, as close as I could count, anyway, since I may have been off by a lap or two by the time I counted to 80+ laps!)  I feel pretty good about that. :-)

And on my way back to the hotel/conference center, I stopped for Chinese and found this fortune: "All the preparation you've done will finally be paying off!"  LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment