Sunday, August 28, 2011

IM Louisville

Well, the Hubby and I had planned on driving down to Louisville early this morning to go watch the Ironman there today.  I was really excited to see how everything was set up and just feel the excitement of the event.  I also thought I could write a couple of Yahoo articles about what I learned and saw.  But...  We went to bed pretty late, and I didn't think it was such a good idea to drive down there on only three or four hours of sleep, hang out in the sun all day, then drive home after the race ended at midnight.  And THEN to have to work bright and early Monday morning.  So, I've just been watching parts of it online today instead.  It's obviously not the same as being there, but it's still exciting!  This way, too, I could follow the leaders and see them out on the course.  And I could track my athlete friend Jess who was competing.  And I could get some housecleaning, grocery shopping, and cooking done throughout the day as well.  Good decision.  After all, being at the race might have been good mental training for my own race day, but getting ready for the coming week will do more to help me get through my all-important workouts.  So, let's do it!  Here's to a great training week!

No comments:

Post a Comment