Saturday, August 13, 2011

Back to Benton Harbor

Well, we left Cincy about 9:00 this morning and got to Benton Harbor about 2:30.  After checking in to the same dump of a motel that I stayed at for this race two years ago (the ONLY hotel/motel within 20 miles that I could find a room at), I headed to the race check-in.  Got my numbers, chip, T-shirt, and other goodies, then took off.  I planned to drive over to the park for a pre-race meeting, but a pretty good storm was blowing through, so I decided to skip that step and just head back to Panera where I'd left the Hubby.  We ate, then went back to the motel.  I cleaned up my bike, affixed all of my number stickers, prepped all my fluids, and here I am!  Just need to get some ice, then it'll be to bed for me.  I'll get up at 4:00 to shower, then head out by 4:45.  I should have an hour in transition to set everything up and get to the swim start by 7:00, though my wave doesn't go off till 7:32.  Still, I don't want to be in a hurry, plus I saw a sign at the check-in saying there'd be a pre-race prayer meeting before the 7:00 start, and I'd really like to go to that!  So, yeah!  Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment