Saturday, August 6, 2011

Longest Run

So proud again!  I actually woke up early enough to run eight miles before breakfast and my work meeting at 9:30.  Took me a little more than an hour and a half.  As usual, my foot hurt a little when I first started, then calmed down a bit.  It started aching more as I continued, and has been pretty sore since, but I survived.  I'm scared, but hopeful that I can at least make it through the half marathon next Sunday.  I wanted to beat my HIM time from two years ago, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that, not with the way this foot's been hurting.  Still, I feel pretty confident about the swim and bike legs.

I'm also wondering if I might be able to get my custom orthotics before the race.  I'm currently scheduled to have the mold made next Thursday, but I'm going to see if my PT could possibly squeeze me in after work tomorrow then have them rush to get them back by Friday.  Not sure, but worth looking into anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment