Saturday, August 20, 2011

Slow and Long

As I suspected might happen, no one really showed up for my 68-mile Cycle Club ride this morning.  The plan was to do something longer to help get everyone ready for the century next month, but I guess it didn't work out as we had planned.  I know some people had scheduling conflict and others were intimidated by the length.  Now, though, I'm wondering how successful the century will be!  We shall see.

At any rate, one of my co-ride leaders showed up, planning to ride on his own since he didn't have enough time for the long ride I had planned.  But since no one else was there (and because I was a little hesitant about riding on roads in the thick fog that blanketed the Little Miami area), he and I headed up the trail together.  In Oregonia, he turned back, but I kept going up to Corwin and beyond.  I ended up getting 67 miles in, but it took me almost four-and-a-half hours!  How is it that I did 56 miles in 2:38 last week, but today it took 4:15 to go 67?!?  Yikes.  Guess I still have a lot of work to do!

In other news, the Adamo saddle wasn't quite as spectacular today.  I think the fit is probably pretty good, but since I already have saddle sores which aren't going away anytime soon, it's still not comfortable for that long a ride.  Guess I just have to suck it up and take it, though...

O.k., now time for my nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment