Monday, August 22, 2011

Ticked

I was actually really proud of myself for waking up early and heading out for a run this morning.  And I was thrilled to discover how cool it is in the mornings these days!  Unfortunately, my foot wasn't very happy with me...  It didn't hurt too bad, but the pain never went away.  It never got worse either, though, at least not while I was out there.  I only ran one lap, 2.6 miles in 32:17.  Pretty slow, but not too bad all things considered.  With my warm-up and cool-down walking, I got about 3.5 miles in, though it took me 50 minutes.

After the run, my foot hurt bad.  I was limping around the house all day, even after stretching and icing it.  I tried this Kinesio taping thing I heard about recently, too, but it didn't seem to make any difference.  Boo...

Tonight, I went to the gym for my first swim in almost two weeks.  I only needed an hour, so I planned a 2800-meter speed workout.  Unfortunately, after I got my suit and cap on and unpacked all my gear at the side of the pool, I realized that I didn't have my goggles!  They were still with my stuff from the tri last weekend.  :-(  I can't swim without goggles, so I just had to pack everything up, shower, and head home.  What a waste of a trip to the gym!  And so disappointing that I messed up my first day of what I had hoped would be a fantastic week.  Oh, well.  At least I had time to make tomorrow's dinner tonight.  Plus, I can go to bed early so we can hit the gym for a strength session in the early a.m.  G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment