Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Realization

So, after my second 11-hour work day this week, I had a realization: it is simply unreasonable to expect me to have enough energy left after working an extended shift to still make it to the gym for a good workout at 8+ p.m.  (Yeah, I missed my workout again.)  So I have concluded that I will not stay late for overtime again until after my Ironman.  Even though I feel bad not helping my company out.  And even though none of my raters will be able to stay late if I don't.  And even though overtime pay would be really nice.  That's just how it's going to have to be for the next two months.  I feel bad and good about this decision.  Bad because of the things I just listed, but good because I know I'm prioritizing something that's really good for and very important to me.  I'm also really excited to use the next two weeks I have off to get ALL my workouts in and hopefully get into a routine for the remaining time before my race.  Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment