Thursday, August 4, 2011

Gettin' 'Er Done

I was SO tired yesterday after waking up early, traveling, and visiting with Debbie till late at night.  So I totally let myself sleep in.  And as much as I really didn't want to, I made myself go run when she went to take her daughter to school.

I mapped out a route around her neighborhood, which should have been 4 or 5 miles, but when I got out there, I could tell I was getting to places a lot quicker than I should have been if the map were right.  So I stopped worrying about that and decided to just run my 45 minutes.  When I got back to the house, I plotted everywhere I went, and it said it was almost 7 miles, but there's no way that was accurate since it took me less than an hour and I was going pretty slow.  I'm guessing it was 4.5 or 5 based on the time, 53 minutes.

My foot still hurt, of course, at least when I started, but it wasn't unbearable.  And the temperature was much better today after the rain we had here yesterday!  I felt a cool breeze as I came up over this one hill, and it just felt wonderful.  I didn't have water with me, either, but it was o.k.  (Shhh...  I almost enjoyed it and kind of wanted to just keep running...  But mostly that would have been just so I didn't have to do my long run early on Saturday before our meeting, so I just stuck to my plan.)

So, yeah!  Proud of myself again!  Tonight I was thinking of trying some yoga in the room after dinner, but my roommate is already in bed, and I'm heading there myself now, too, so that I can get up and lift in the fitness center here in the a.m.  Shouldn't be too bad since it's not even 11...

No comments:

Post a Comment