Sunday, May 15, 2011

Here I Go!

So, I happened to open up my Training Plans for Multisport Athletes book today, and found a 26-week plan to an ironman.  Perfect!  Only I looked at a calendar and I only have 25 weeks till my race...  So tomorrow I start with week 2 of the plan.  I'm changing the days that I do the workout based on when I have various rides planned, but I'm going to try to stick to it as closely as possible.  This week's plan looks like this:

Monday - Run 45 minutes, swim 1 hour
Tuesday - Lift an hour and 15 minutes, and ride the time trial if it's not raining (I added this part)
Wednesday - Run 30 minutes, swim an hour and 15 minutes
Thursday - Ride 1 hour
Friday - Swim an hour, run an hour and a half
Saturday - Ride an hour and 15 minutes (this will be more like two to two and a half hours with my Lifetime peeps, if it's not raining)
Sunday - Lift an hour and 15 minutes, and maybe a yoga/pilates class while I'm at the gym (my idea, too)

I still have to figure out what all the intensity codes and things mean, but I'm excited!  Let's see how it goes with a real plan in place!

No comments:

Post a Comment