Monday, May 30, 2011

Week 3, Swim 2

So, yeah, I swam tonight, but I'm counting it for last week.  Is that allowed?  ;)

Like my run this morning, I just felt really slow and tired throughout my workout.  I was SO excited to finally get to swim outside, and the sun did feel great after being cooped up all day.  But the water was pretty murky, and I just couldn't seem to get any speed.  I did the full 2 miles (though I contemplated cutting it short a few times), but it took closer to 1:30 than my usual 1:15.  I swam slower (I think - there isn't a pace clock outside) and took more and longer breaks.  Just wasn't feeling it!  But again, proud of myself for finishing and glad I got it done.  Here's my workout (and the changes I made):

Warm-up
1 x 600  Free - loosen
1 x 500  Pull - breathe every 5
1 x 400  Kick - free w/fins, no board, work streamline (I did a combination of free and back - had a lot of trouble breathing doing free w/o a board!)

Main set
3 x 100  Free - pace, check time after each (couldn't check the time w/o a pace clock or watch)
1 x 400  Free - drill: catchup/fingertip drag/fist/regular x 100 (I used fins and did 2 x 200 with each x 50 instead)
1 x 300  Stroke (I did back, w/fins again)
1 x 200  Free - build x 50  (I did 2 x 100 build x 25 instead)
3 x 100  Free - pace

Cool-down
1 x 200  Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment