Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Three Seconds

First off, I think it's time I start coming up with more original titles for my posts.  So, yay!

Now about my workout for today...

I was up way too late last night to get up at 5:15 for my strength session, so I went back to bed instead.  I did, however make it to the time trial tonight as planned.  On the way, I told myself that I would be happy if I did anything better than my 31:00 from last week.  Unfortunately, I came in at 31:03 tonight.  Boo...  Three seconds doesn't sound like much, but it sure is disappointing to see the time go up rather than down.  I was hoping that cleaning my bike would help a little, but no such luck.  I'm going to try an aero helmet next week to see if that'll give me a little edge, but in reality I know the problem is that I need to lose weight.  Yep.  So...  We'll see how that goes.

Since I missed my first strength session tonight, I'm going to have to rearrange my workouts the rest of the week now.  Not sure how I'm going to fix things, but I know I still want to lift twice, swim 2 more times, run on Friday, and bike on Saturday.  The problem is trying to leave at least 48 hours between strength sessions, and a day between swimming...  So, we'll see.  I'll come up with something!

O.k., gotta go shower and head to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment