Friday, May 20, 2011

Week 2, Run 3

I was supposed to run AND swim today, but the swim didn't happen.  Still, I had a good "long" run in the morning.  It was only 6.2 miles, but all I was scheduled for at an hour and 15 minutes.  I also got to begin my interval experiment, which was interesting.  I did my normal 3 and 1 run/walk interval on the first lap around the lake in 30:34.  I tried a 2 and 1 interval on the second lap, which took 30:37.  So, not much difference!  I should probably try switching the order next time, and testing other intervals as well.  For example, I felt better with the shorter 2-minute run, but I don't mind the 3:1 ratio, so I might try a 1:30 run/0:30 walk pattern, too.  We'll see!  Fun times, though, with good weather (albeit a little warm for my taste) and good tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment