Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 2 Reflection

Well, I never got that third swim in this week, and I even skipped my second strength session and bonus yoga/pilates class that I was planning on taking today.  I did quite a bit more biking than was on my schedule, though, so I still ended up within 5 minutes of the total workout time I was supposed to do this week.  Not too shabby!

Here are a few lessons I've learned this week:
  • Having a plan is SO helpful!  I don't have to guess what to do or waste valuable time trying to figure things out for myself, plus it motivates me announce what's on the schedule and try to stick to it as closely as possible.
  • This is intense.  None of the workouts this week were particularly long or strenuous, but with multiple workouts on some days and trying to do something every day, it was kind of exhausting!  But it's a good exhausting
  • Sleep is critical!  I know I've "learned" this lesson many times in the past, but here we are again.  I won't be able to work out or work out well if I'm too tired.  I need to be more diligent about going to bed at a reasonable hour.
  • I need a day off.  The training plan I'm following doesn't really have any rest days scheduled in, but I think I need to rearrange a few things to give myself a Sabbath each week.  That's a bit harder when I'm also trying to add an extra bike and a yoga class or two, but I think I can do it.
  • This is fun!  I like training.  I like having a goal and a plan.  I like feeling like a real athlete. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment