Monday, May 23, 2011

Week 3, Strength 1

Well, I was supposed to swim today, which I should have done this afternoon at 3:00 or 4:00.  But instead, I put it off till evening, and on my way to the gym, a crazy strong storm blew in, bringing tornado warnings with it.  I assumed the pool would be closed, so I planned ahead and wore clothes I could lift in just in case.  Which was a good plan, as it turns out!  So I did my first strength session today and will swim tomorrow instead.

I think this'll work out well anyway, since it's looking like it'll be raining again for the time trial, and this way at least I'll get one good long cardio workout in tomorrow.  If I were only lifting, I'd feel the need to take a spin class too, but if I'm already swimming, I won't mind missing the time trial.  My only concern is swimming two days in a row (Tuesday and Wednesday) since my shoulder already tends to hurt whenever I swim, but we'll see.  I could always rearrange the rest of my week accordingly...

No comments:

Post a Comment