Sunday, May 29, 2011

Week 2, Bike 3

So, I didn't swim yesterday after work because we had no food in the house and I needed to go to a couple grocery stores and do some food prep for the rest of the weekend and next week.  Today was supposed to be super hot, so I figured a swim would feel great after my bike ride.  I wasn't really excited to ride in the heat by myself, but I wanted to try out the route I'm going to use for my ride next weekend, plus I was just so looking forward to the swim afterward, especially since the outdoor pool at the gym just opened. :-)

It took me awhile after church to make some food for our dinner barbecue and write out my route and swim workout, so I didn't get to the gym to start the ride till a little after 4:00.  It took me 2 hours to ride the 28 miles, which is sad.  It was a bit windy, and not quite as flat as I was thinking it would be, but mostly I think I was just hot and tired.  But I still had a cool swim to look forward to.

Except...  When I got back to the gym, I noticed that there wasn't anyone out by the pool anymore...  I went in and discovered that the outdoor pool had closed at 6:00. :-(  I seriously wanted to cry!  I had been looking forward to that swim since yesterday!  I walked down to the locker room and contemplated swimming inside, but it just wouldn't be the same.  So I just decided to just go home and maybe swim tomorrow after work instead.  So bummed.  But at least we had some yummy hamburgers and macaroni salad and cole slaw for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment