Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Week 2, Swim 2

Yeah, I was supposed to run again this morning, but I decided to sleep more instead.  I considered going out during my lunch break since I only had an easy 30-minute run on the schedule, but I tend to keep working through lunch.  I thought about squeezing it in before heading to the gym for my swim, but, yeah, that didn't happen either.  Since it's such a short, easy run, I figured I could easily do it tomorrow morning, or even after my bike ride.  Planning at this point to get up and run with the hubby in the a.m. :-)

But I did get a good swim workout in tonight!  An hour and 15 minutes, 3200 meters/2 miles.  Speed work was on the schedule, which I did and enjoyed.  Here's the workout:

Warm-up
1 x 600  Swim/kick/pull x 200
4 x 400  Kick, choice, w/fins
Main set
8 x 100  Free-pace
8 x 75    Free-bld x 25 to full speed w/fins
8 x 50    Sprint through turn, easy back
Warm-down
8 x 25    Free catch-up drill w/fins
1 x 200  Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment