Saturday, May 7, 2011

Perfect!

This morning, I had to lead a ride for the Cycle Club at my gym.  I had planned a 33/34-mile loop with quite a few hills (which I think I may have mentioned when I test-rode it a week or two ago), though I made a couple of changes to the route based on the recommendation of another member of the club.  Well, five other riders showed up - all guys!  I felt a little weird "leading" this ride with more experienced and stronger riders and as the only female, but we all had a good time I think.  The revised route was much better, the hills weren't as bad as I remembered, and we managed a 16-mph average speed as compared to the 14 mph I averaged on my own last time.  Not bad!  And what's more, we got back to the parking lot just as it started sprinkling, though it was warm and sunny nearly the whole time we were riding.  Perfect day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment