Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Week 2, Strength 1 + Bonus Bike

  • Good idea:  Skip the time trial.  Too cold and wet for my taste.  Plus, I had time to get to the gym for both a spin class AND the strength training workout I missed this morning!
  • Good idea:  Don't push yourself too hard in a spin class when you're not really scheduled to ride at all.
  • Bad idea:  Spin BEFORE your priority strength training session.  Yep, a little too tired at that point to do it as well as I could/should have.
  • Bad idea:  Ignore your core.  I rarely lift, and I haven't made ab-work a priority in a long time.  I realized tonight just how out of shape my core is!
Anyway, glad I got my workouts in, and even gladder that all I have to do now before bed is take a nice hot shower.  Or should I make that a bath...?

No comments:

Post a Comment