Thursday, July 21, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Well, my foot still hurt a little when I got up this morning, but it seemed o.k. once I was up and moving around.  So instead of going back to bed, I decided to do my run.  I ran without my PowerStep inserts, which felt weird but fine.  As usual, my foot hurt when I first started running, even after stretching, but after a few run intervals the discomfort went away.  All was well as I finished the 45-minute run and started walking back up the hill to get home, but as soon as I took my shoes off inside, I could feel how sore it was.  It's been the same all day, just like it was after my hour-long run on Monday.  I'm getting SO frustrated by this!  PT doesn't seem to be helping much, and I'm starting to think that I might just have to get used to some pain after every run.  Grrr...

I'm also getting pretty sick of this heat wave!  It was already 80 and humid when I ran at 7:30 this morning, and it was in the mid-90s with a heat index of 110 when I had to lead my Cycle Club ride tonight.  I was praying that no one would show up so that I could just swim instead, but one member came in addition to my co-leader and me.  We decided to drive down to the bike trail instead of riding from the club because it's usually a bit cooler there.  We rode up and back on the bike trail, with a little road riding in the middle, for a total of 25 miles.  It was too bad, though I would have preferred the swim...

No comments:

Post a Comment