Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Momentum...

My foot was still hurting pretty bad this morning, but I got my lifting done before PT anyway.  The PT was trying to figure out why an hour of running hurt so much more than 45 minutes, wondering whether my stride changed as I went slightly slower, whether the inserts I'm using are providing too much support with my news shoes, etc.  He wants to see me run there next time, so we'll see what he thinks!

Then tonight, I went to the time trial.  I really didn't feel like it since it's been in the 90s for days, but I did want to ride the old road bike one last time to see if the new steed will make a difference in my time next week.  Unfortunately, I rode horribly in the heat: my official time was 32:15.  It only took 34:something for me to ride my warm-up, and I was pushing so much harder during the actual race!  Terrible.  And not a great comparison for next week either, I'm afraid: I'd better be 2 minutes faster, since I should have been tonight!

On the way home, I talked to Mary Sunshine.  It had been awhile, and it was good to catch up.  I asked about the wetsuit she'd said I could borrow for my races, and she suggested I come by to try it on.  So I did!  It fit, but of course was tight since it is, after all, a wetsuit.  I'm sure it'll work just fine, but what I realized is that I'd really just like to get a sleeveless suit of my own since it's just so much freer feeling than the full-length kind.  So, yeah.  I think I'll try to sell the old one on ebay and see if I can't get a new one from Wheelie Fun.  I'll check out their prices when I pick up my bike. :-)

So, Mary is always super encouraging, but she did mention some prep work I should really do to be as ready as possible for my Ironman.  Like practice peeing in my (or her) wetsuit.  And practice swimming in salt water (or at least ask others how they prepare for that when they don't have saltwater nearby to swim in).  Got a little worried, but was also encouraged since she said that I really don't need to run that much in training and that I could probably go out and do the distance tomorrow if I had to.  Yeah, it would hurt, but I could probably do it.  Still, I'm glad I have a bit more time to train!

No comments:

Post a Comment