Saturday, July 2, 2011

Success!

So, my plan for today's Cycle Club ride was to try something a little shorter, a little flatter, and a little slower, to try to persuade some new riders to come out with us.  (My other motivation for doing that this week was because it's a rest week for me and I really only needed to do an easy hour-long ride...)  Well, it worked!  In addition to me, there were three other riders who've come out in the past, but also two new riders.  One was the wife of one of my regulars, so it was nice for her to be able to join her husband on this less intimidating ride.  The two new folks were also riding hybrids, but they kept up just fine!  We rode up the trail a ways, then went off on some low-traffic local roads in South Lebanon, then took the trail back to Loveland.  Everyone seemed to enjoy the route, and it was particularly fun for me since I could hear everyone just chatting it up as we rode at a casual pace.  Fun times!  I think I'll try to keep my first ride each month more casual like this one, and do the second one each month with some higher speeds and longer distances.  We still have to work toward that century in September, after all!  (Not to mention my IM...)

No comments:

Post a Comment