Thursday, July 7, 2011

Running around all day...

Well, my foot actually felt pretty good this morning!  Still not perfect, but no worse than it's been.  So that's good I guess.  After dad left, I went to PT, then hit the gym for my swim.  I was supposed to do a new type of muscular endurance workout, which went really well!  I felt strong and quicker than Monday for sure, and it was just nice to be out in the sun.  Here's what I did:

Warm-up
4 x 400  Swim/pull/kick/drill

Main set
7 x 200  Swim - T1 pace(ish)

Cool-down
1 x 200  Easy

Pretty straightforward!  Halfway through the main set, I changed my breathing.  Instead of breathing every 3 then 4 strokes, I switched to every 4 then 5.  With the 3/4 breathing, I just felt like my breaths were too short and shallow, and the 4/5 pattern was a great improvement.  I don't know if I was actually going any quicker, but, like I said, I felt strong.  Good workout!

This evening, I was supposed to lead our Cycle Club's first Thursday evening ride.  My co-leader was there, but no one else showed up!  We were surprised, since it had sounded like there was a lot of interest in this ride.  Who knows what the problem was?  We were both tired after a long day, so we decided not to ride and just head home instead.  I wasn't too disappointed since I've had a busy couple of days, though I think I am pretty short on my workout times this week...  And tomorrow I've got to take it easy, too, to rest up for my VO2 max test on Saturday.  I'm supposed to run another 30 minutes, but I think that'll be it.  Saturday after the test, I'll swim again, then try to get a long ride in on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment