Tuesday, July 26, 2011

PR!!!

So, I mentioned last week that my time at the time trial was less than spectacular.  But I still had high hopes for tonight, even though I was a little afraid that I might not actually be any faster even with my new bike.  At the start, Peter predicted a PR, which I thought would be cool, though I didn't want to expect anything quite that big.

But I did it!  I could feel that I was going faster, especially on the flats and downhills, and my watch seemed to confirm that as I got closer to the finish.  My official time was 28:44, about 30 seconds faster than my old PR from two years ago.  But I haven't even been able to get close to that recently.  My fastest time this year was 30:00, and my time last week was 32:15.  I realize the better time isn't really because I'M any stronger or faster, but just because of the bike, but I'll still take it!  Plus, I'm newly motivated to keep pushing myself to see how much faster I can get the rest of this year. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment