Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Miscalculation...

So, I was supposed to do an M(Speed) workout today, but I never looked up what the M was for.  I did do some speed work, though:

Warm-up
3 x 400  Swim/pull/kick x 400

Main Set
8 x 100  EBEH (easy/build/easy/hard) x 25
8 x 50    Sprint through turn, easy back

Cool-down
1 x 200  Sighting drill
1 x 200  Easy

So... I planned to swim my usual 2 miles, even though this is supposed to be a rest week and I was only scheduled for a 1-hour swim.  But since I didn't have the workout written down and just kind of made it up as I went along, I miscalculated.  I was already into my cool-down when I realized I'd only be getting 2800 instead of 3200 meters, so I didn't bother adding anything else.  Oh, well.  It was still a good workout, and it felt great being back in the water!  Not quite as refreshing as it was earlier in the season when the water was still cool, but nice nonetheless. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment