Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bike Fit

Well, I didn't work out today.  I was too tired to get up and go to the gym this morning (still mad at myself about that), and I had to skip tonight's time trial to go get my bike fitting with this Bob Duncan guy.  I had planned to go swim or lift after the fit, but it was a bit late at that point, the Hubby was already home, and I was really just too focused on my new bike...

Anyway, this Bob guy was hilarious, and the whole experience was very interesting.  I was kind of nervous to go, too, since I don't exactly look like your typical Ironman.  But he was impressed with my muscular legs and my position and power on the bike.  Cool.

He took a lot of measurements, and then we looked at the geometries of several brands and sizes of bikes.  He concluded that a Cervelo P2 or a Felt B16 in a 54 would be great.  He also suggested going out to Wheelie Fun sooner rather than later since they've got some issues and are trying to liquidate their inventory to pay some bills.  I'll just have to do that!  I love me a good deal. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment