Monday, July 18, 2011

Success!

Plan A was to get up with Hubby at 5:00 to run two laps around the lake together.  Of course, that didn't happen.  Plan B was to go as soon as I saw him off to work, which almost happened.  I finally made it out at 8:30, and let me tell you: it was already pretty hot and sweaty by then!  Oh, well, at least I got it done.  I did the first lap in 30:25 and the second in 30:05, which surprised me since I felt like I was really dragging on the second lap and my walk breaks invariably fell on flats or downhills the second time around, too.  Anyway, I felt good about the run, but my foot's been pretty sore ever since.  We'll see how it feels tomorrow and what the PT has to say about that.

So, as a reward for running this morning, I headed out to the bike shop after a shower and breakfast.  And I bought a bike!  I went with the Cervelo P2, since they didn't have the Felt B16 in my size.  I picked out pedals, a computer, and several water bottles/cages, too, and got a pretty good price on everything I think.  Now, I just need to wait for them to build it, and wait for a few of the out-of-stock accessories to come in later this week.  So I'll ride the road bike at tomorrow's time trial, then next week I can see just how much of a difference a tricked-out carbon bike really makes.  I hope it's significant, otherwise I might feel like just wasted a couple grand!

Anyway, after all of that, I stopped at the gym for a swim before heading home.  I did another force workout, 3200 meters in 1:15, as usual.  Here was the workout:

Warm-up
1 x 400  Swim
3 x 200  Pull/kick/drill s 200

Main set
1 x 400  Free - pace, w/paddles
2 x 300  Free - pace, w/paddles
3 x 200  Free - pace, w/paddles
4 x 100  Free - pace, w/paddles

Cool-down
1 x 200  Easy

All in all, a great workout day!  Looking forward to keeping it up the rest of the week. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment