Sunday, July 10, 2011

Scorching!

This afternoon, I met up with a few Cincinnati Cycle Club folks I'd never met for a long ride in the scorching sun.  We cut it a little short and ended up with 44 miles, which took almost 4 hours with water stops and everything (more like 3 hours of actual riding).  It didn't feel too bad out at first, until we stopped and the sweat started pouring down our faces.  But by the end, I could feel the sun toasting my forearms and I just wanted to get inside!  I drank about 9 glasses of water during the ride and another 2+ on the way home, and I think I still lost about 3 pounds out there.  I felt good and strong, though, and was proud to be a decent climber among this group.  Still, the IM will be 2.5 times as far...  So glad Florida is flat and (hopefully) cooler in November!

For the week, I ended up doing o.k.: got 11:30 of the scheduled 12:15 in.  Mostly just short on running.  Curious to see how the coming week goes, though, with almost 40 hours of work too...

No comments:

Post a Comment